Those who find Samsung Tab 2 too large and Note II too expensive an actually consider Galaxy Grand which is mix of both worlds i.e. you get a large screen yet compact enough to handle and features & respectable performance for every day’s use.
- 12.7 cm large screen and a resolution of 480×800 pixels.
- It has a dual core 1.2 GHz processor and 1 GB RAM.
- Powered by Android™ 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), the latest version of the world’s most popular smartphone operating system.
- Dual Sim.
- It has 8 GB built-in storage expandable up to 64GB via a microSD card.
- It Has a 8 mp camera so that you never miss to capture any moment and a 2 mp front one. Also it can record upto 1080p at 30 fps.
- Bluetooth 4.0 and HSPA+ 21/5.76Mbps 3g capable. Thus helps you to browse faster.
- Multi Window:
Image courtesy: Samsung Store
Multi Window helps easier multitasking. You can enjoy your videos, browse webpages and create memos all at once on a single screen.
- Battery: 2100 mAH(Will last a day easily on normal uses).
- With the Galaxy Grand, Samsung has introduced a new service called My Service. This service aims at giving users access to a plethora of local content.
Please note that the screen is normal LCD type unlike the super AMOLED display which comes in high end S3 and Note II. Along with that the resolution is below par and just may not satisfy people who are used to high end smartphones like Note II. But still it’s just fine, it’s responsive and serves the purpose.
In fact I would say that this is the best Android smartphone that money can buy in mid range segment. Priced at Rs 21,500 it is one of the best phones available with jelly beans.