- Refined Flour(Maida): 1 cup.
- Ghee: 2 Table spoon.
- Carom seeds(Ajwain): 1/4 tea spoon.
- Rice Flour: 4 Table spoon.
- Refined Oil: 4 Table spoon.
- Refined Oil for frying.
- Mix the given quantity of refined flour(maida), ghee, carom seeds(ajwain) and salt. Add water(normal temperature) and prepare a soft dough.
- In a separate bowl, mix the given quantity of rice flour and oil to prepare a paste.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts.
- Roll each of the parts into a thin roti. Apply the above-prepared paste of rice flour to each of the rotis.
- Keep the rotis one above the other and roll it to form a cylindrical shape.
- Now, put the roti in a horizontal position and cut it from above to below in a slant manner.Thickness should be 1 inch, that is, cuts should be done at 1 inch gap each.
- Press each of the pieces so obtained gently .
- Now deep-fry the pieces(on a medium flame) till it attains light brownish color.
- Your favorite Mathdi is ready
- If you want to make sweet mathdi out of the above recipe:
- In the first step do not add carom seeds and salt, that is, only ghee and maida have to be used.
- Follow the same procedure till the “deep-fry”step.
- Dip in One string thick sugar syrup.
- Filter out the remaining sugar syrup.