- Gram Flour: 1 cup.
- Refined flour(Maida): 1 cup.
- Wheat flour: 2 cups.
- Ginger and green chili paste: 2 Table Spoon.
- Butter: 2 Table Spoon.
- Chilli powder: 2 Table Spoon.
- Sesame seeds : 2 Table Spoon.
- Salt: 2 Teaspoon.
- Mix gram flour, refined flour and wheat flour(given quantities) and tie in a cloth.
- Now, cook it in steam for 20 minutes. (You can use a dhokla cooker for this purpose)
- Let it cool for a while and after that sieve it.
- Now, mix the remaining ingredients in this.
- Add some water and prepare a soft dough.
- In a “Namkeen-making machine” , use a “star-shaped” outlet(a plate to be put at the end of the machine).
- Now, using this, get a chakli shape (kind of overlapped-spiral).
- Deep fry the pieces and keep them on a tissue paper(to soak the oil) after they are fried.
NOTE: Do not use paper while making chakli out of the machine . Rather, use a steel plate. It will ease the picking up of chakli.