The desire for sex is broadly recognized as the highest desire of this material world. This is a desire which is not developed separately but is innate within a human being. After a certain age, generally, 16(in some cases even early), the propensity towards indulgence in sexual acts grows in magnitude.
When an adolescent once takes mental and physical cognizance of such an act, it slowly and gradually grows into a habit and then an addiction. Generally, an addiction is developed when the senses find extreme pleasure in a kind of indulgence. This happens with cocaine, alcohol, tobacco and of course sex.
Now, after this stage when you have been caught up in the addiction of sexual pleasure, lead yourself to a path where you seek “unlimited sensual pleasure”. This is where your transition from a human to a beast begins. Various signs that you will begin to notice when you are on this path are:
- Loss of focus and concentration.
- Weakened memory.
- Lack of patience.
- Negative aggression.
- Lack of poise.
- Regular and unregulated flow of thoughts, that is, lack of mental stability(monkey mind phenomena).
Then comes a kind of realization point. You begin to realize that it’s wrong and has to be stopped. The moment you take a resolve to get away with it, the desire grips you even tighter. Analogically, it’s like a bog. More you try to escape tighter does it hold you. So, now you are in the state of awareness of your addiction.
This addiction grows with time even after a myriad of efforts from your side to get away with it. Some who are highly aware of the negative impact that this has created, try to search different ways out of it. Even if one of their “discovered” methods fails to deliver, they keep on exploring the other ways till they finally succeed.
Some ways to get rid of this desire which are available in open source are:
- It is the contemplation of one’s mind on a particular object.
- The object of meditation could be internal as well as external.
- Internal meditation requires much practice and training to attain the desired state. But it is much more effective than the external one.
- As the sexual act/desire is the desire of body or senses, it can be best countered by something which is not “external” and thus, internal meditation can be helpful.
- This may include:
- Spiritual activities:
- Spirituality is a pole opposite to that of sex as it is the enrichment of the soul or spirit rather than body.
- The spiritual activities change one’s taste and make the sensual pleasures detesting.
- It may include reading religious texts, chanting Holy mantras among others.
- Sex Transmutation:
- This technique has been mentioned in the book called Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill.
- According to Hill, the desire for sex arouses our mind to the state of highest frequency vibrations.
- These vibrations could be leveraged upon by replacing the thoughts of sex with that of your other material desires like that of money, luxury etc.
- This, according to him, can help you channelize your sexual desires for achieving the riches.
- Eat less, Eat Live and Exercise daily:
- Eating greater quantity of food leads to the production of more semen.
- This when reaches a certain level has the tendency of getting released.
- This tendency, in turn, acts as a stimulant for the mind to perform a sexual act.
- If you eat too much the tendencies will be higher, thus, you should limit our eating.
- Also, eating dead foods(non-veg) inculcates animal-like tendencies(eating, sleeping, mating)and thus, complete or greater reliance on a vegetarian diet would better serve the purpose.
- Exercising daily, preferably, early morning would balance the energy to normal levels, thus lowering such tendencies.
- The Golden rule of Habit:
- Charles Duhhig in his book Power of Habit explains the golden rule of habit through a habit loop.
- It has three components, namely, Cue, Routine and Reward.
- Cue is the stimulant which pushes us to act in a particular way subconsciously, that is, following a routine.
- When you follow the routine, you get a reward.
- Examples: DRUG intake:
- Cue: maybe stress/depression or pleasure among others.
- Routine: Drug intake.
- Reward: pleasure(mental and physical).
- Now, in the case of sex, you have to identify the cue. Routine is a kind of sexual act while the reward is the sensual pleasure.
- In order to get rid of an addiction, the routine has to be replaced by some act which gives a similar reward.
- So, cue here could be : talks on the subject, ostentatious displays, stress, boredom among others.
- Some work has to be done on the routine part. A changed routine which could give you mental as well as physical pleasure may include: playing your favorite sport, pursuing your hobby, talking to a friend or family member and many such other things.
- So, now when you get a cue, follow a changed routine rather than the older one(sexual act).
- Some other things to be taken care of:
- Avoid the company(friends/colleagues) which could stimulate you to perform such an act.
- Talk about sex rarely, but as a natural process and not as a “pleasure activity”.
- Avoid facing the sources which lead to such a stimulation. It may be a video or an image among others.
- In case you come across a situation when you are stimulated, then perform either of the above methods or start doing some kind of exercise so that your energy is released considerably reducing the scope of getting succumbed to the animal desire.
The purpose of this article is not to voice against sex completely but to bring to light the disastrous consequences if it is not regulated.
With the surge of work in our lives ,productivity has gain utmost importance. However, despite knowing this fact, we fail to gain the coveted levels of productivity in our lives.In general terms, productivity can be defined as the amount of output that you are giving or work you are doing in a given period of time.
First, we must know what are key components of a productive life. These are enumerated below:
- Discipline(This must at the core of everything you do).
- Concentration .
- Will Power.
- Time and Energy Management.
Keeping these in mind, we have enlisted a few methods and required actions in order to gain greater productivity in one’s life:
- The toughest game is the game of mind : Avoid distractions
- In this age of Kaliyuga getting distracted is the easiest thing to do.
- You have Youtube, Facebook, Whatsapp, Movies among others which may easily distract you from your defined duty.
- When this happens you: a.)Lose your time b.)Lose your energy c.)are deviated from the task in hand, thus losing focus.
- When you get back to work–>a.)you have lesser time b.)lesser energy c.)lesser concentration of your mind.
- Ways to do that:
- Practice Will Power development:
- For this, make a checklist on a paper or an app.
- Now, you have a fixed period of time in which you have to complete these tasks.
- Write in a prioritized manner.
- Start working and achieving your targets of the day.
- Honestly, each tick mark gives you a sense of satisfaction and motivation to work more.
- This also helps you to make decisions while in a dilemma. This is because you now know that you have ‘x’ number of tasks to do which may take ‘t’ amount of time. You will make a decision which is in-line with your targets.
- Along with this, learn to say “NO” to whatever deviates you from you task.
- Breathe deeply with eyes closed as and when you think your mind is taking you in irrelevant directions or chattering a lot.
- Choose a good productive activity like writing/blogging or any other such hobby along with your main task in hand. This will lighten the mind while also help in avoiding unproductive activities.
- Rationalize your Eating and Sleeping habits:
- Here, we would share the translation of a verse from the Bhagwad Gita:
“Those who eat too much or too little, who sleep too much or too little, will not succeed in meditation.But those who are temperate in eating and sleeping, work and recreation will come to the end of sorrow through meditation“.
- Thus, the Bhagwad Gita warns against extremes in the habits of eating and sleeping as it affects the focus or meditation capacity of your mind.
- It can even be understood in general terms:
- Sleeping and eating too less : Lesser energy to do work.
- Sleeping and Eating too much: Laziness and channelization of energy in digestion process respectively. Again, lesser work.
- Ways to deal:
- Prefer less oily stuff.
- At times when you feel hungry, prefer fruits(or juices) and dry fruits over other things.
- Lighten your dinner a bit.
- Try to avoid non-vegetarian stuff if possible.
- Period: 6-8 hours for adults(Bhagwad Gita says “6” hours of sleeping is enough).
- “Early to bed, Early to rise” principle must be inculcated. Early morning is quite blissful to add to your exuberance.
- But, what if I feel like sleeping during the course of the day?
- In the middle of the day, just to give yourself a break and recharge your mind, take a 15-20 minutes power nap(at max 30 minutes).
- Breathe well in the course of the nap.
- Do not extend the time more than 30 minutes. It will make you lazy and also make you feel guilty.
- A healthy body leads to healthy mind
- So true. Your body contains your mind. The contained will remain healthy only when the container is healthy.
- Physical exercise is the best way to keep your body fit and healthy.
- And if it is followed by a breathing exercise like Pranayama , then it adds much more to your energy reserves as well as mental concentration.
- When to do it?:
- Early morning:
- Run/Jog/Brisk walk.
- It wakes up your mind.
- The air of the early morning has its own bliss and freshness which gives you a great enthusiasm.
- Gives you a positive nudge to work at the beginning of the day.
- Evening time:
- You can pursue a sport for evening.
- Can even jog/walk .
- Recharges you brain after its drain at work.
- *Living in the present moment:
- Lord Buddha said : “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future ,concentrate the mind on the present moment”.
- The golden words of Buddha are full of pragmatism.
- This is the simplest way you could meditate, that is, by comtemplating your mind on the work that you do.(Sounds easy but takes whole lot of effort).
- Thinking of the past is a disease. Thinking of the future results is also not of much use. Bhagwad Gita also says – ” karmanye vadhi karaste, maphaleshu kadachan, makarmaphalheturbhur, matesangostva karmani” –> in short–>focus on work and not on results. (for detailed understanding: 2.47)
- So, channelize your energy in the moment in hand and you will realize that you have infinite energy with you.
- Practice: Try to keep your mind on the work you are doing. Swami Vivekananda’s one of the methods of meditation explains this.
- Breathing an focusing on breathe.
- Chanting(a mantra like Aum(OM)).
- Stressing on the centre of your forehead.
- *Last, but not the least – Checking one’s sexual desires and activities:
- The highest desire of this material world as also corroborated by the Indian philosophies like Bhagwad Gita is the sexual desire.
- Even a thought of sex gets you in an excited state, thus, draining an ample amount of your energy.
- When this desire culminates into an action of any kind, you fall down to the animal category who sought momentary pleasure. This affects your intelligence, energy and focus and in turn your productivity.
- Swami Vivekananda said that checking one’s sexual desire(attaining Brahmacharya) develops Ojas in our mind which gives us transcendental mental capacity and thus, productivity.
- Thus, checking sexual desire and becoming a real human being is the need of the hour.
- In order to do this, an effective way would be to channelize your thoughts and attention to creative, reading books(self-help), reading texts which make you feel a human being–.may include–>spiritual texts like Bhagwad Gita, Buddhism books or maybe some self-help books like The Monk who sold his Ferrari which teaches you the way to live.
To be honest, these are just a few ways to gain greater productivity in your life. It is quite subjective and thus each and every individual has his/her own way to gain them. Honestly, only he/she can identify better “what gets them productivity”. Still, we believe this article will help you in some or other way.
Have a productive life ahead.
When after a supper in your favourite restaurant, you receive a bill, it has a number of components enlisted with a value in front of each of them. Except the delicacies that we order, a few other charges and taxes are being levied . Let us look at each of them and take a step towards becoming an aware and smart customer.
- Service Charge:
- It is corresponding to the tip that we usually offer to the service staff.
- No guidelines are being provided with respect to this.
- Generally, varies from 4 to 10% of the total bill.
- Not imposed by the government but by the restaurant itself.
- Service tax:
- Imposed by the government.
- Imposed on 40% of the subtotal of the bill. Subtotal means the gross value of foods and drinks along with the service charge(if imposed).
- Applicable only in AC restaurants.
- Tax on tax is termed as cess.
- It is a kind of tax for a particular purpose.
- Currently, Swaccha Bharat Cess and Krishi Kalyan Cess(0.5% each) are being imposed on the service tax.
- Value Added Tax:
- applicable to value addition.
- different rates are imposed on food and beverages.
- varies from state to state.
- The gross value of ordered items: Rs.1000.
- Service Charge(say 4%): Rs.40
- Subtotal: Rs. 1040
- Service tax(+ Cess): Imposed on 40% of 1040 @ (14+ 0.5)%; effectively 5.6% of the subtotal(Rs.1040)= Rs.58.24.
So, while dining at your favorite restaurant next time around, do not forget to analyse the bill.
Be a smart customer.
1. Keep the handset if possible at least 2 to 7 inches away from your head or use loudspeaker mode. It decreases the transmission of electro-magnetic radiation to the brain significantly.
2. Do not keep the cell phones close to your head when sleeping. Switch it off in the night or keep it 1.80 meters or 6 feet away from your head.
3. If keeping cell phones in pocket keep the keypad towards you so that antenna faces away from you.
4. Don’t use cell phones if pregnant. The developing organs of the fetus or child are the most sensitive to any possible effects of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) exposure.
5. Avoid cell phones usage in ‘metal containers’ like Vehicles, Elevators, Airplanes, Trains and any other type of metal container as it increases the EMR.
6. Avoid using the wired headsets. If you do use headsets use an air tube headset with ferrite beads. Blue tooth are better as they emit 1/100th the EMR of a normal cell phone. With regular headsets you get 3 times more EMR than if you hold the cell phone against your ear.
7. Cell phones are a big NO for Children under 15 years as currently brain tumors are the second leading cause of death in children.
8. Keep cell phones well away from newborns. EMR travel through children’s brains much more easily due to thinner skulls and hence increases the risk of cancer.
9. Avoid using cell phones in your pant pocket – as radiation can affect your fertility. Avoid it in breast pocket if you have a pacemaker.
10. When buying a cellphone – look for one with a low SAR or Specific Absorption Rate. Lower the SAR number the better. For example – Popular Motorola Razr V3x has a SAR of 0.14 – which is amongst the lowest seen recently.
Looking for a bit of extra time and energy this stuff is just for you. It’s very important to have a short term goal and a long term aim but with one eye on target and other on process you are going to make it far what’s more important is to enjoy the process, to enrich each and every par of your life. A few tips to enhance your daily experience to help you gain more energy and time
“Early bird catches the worm”, so start your day early and you will have time to set your priorities, time for health, time for family and perhaps the most important that time of the day when you have maximum energy and minimum stress ideal for a good exercise and to plan your day ahead, get your jobs done also you might catch a worm (where worm is a problem enjoy the lighter side) and rectify the same.
Take a brisk walk, laugh
If you don’t have enough time for the gym or exercise just have a brisk walk preferably in a green space for about 20 minutes but remember brisk. Laughter exercise for at least 2 minutes, this laughter will recharge you energy level and set the tone for rest of the day.
Eat fresh and early
Prefer vegetarian food over non-vegetarian it helps you stay focused and provides more energy to your body. Don’t eat after 8 as you will not be able to digest the food properly and further will lead to diseases.
Beware of people who waste your time
You must have come across people who waste your time or are often late for meetings and other scenarios where your time is lost, we all are aware of the fact that you can’t buy time so don’t let people eat your time don’t let them have your share of time. Instead utilize this time for self reflection and constructive activities.
Commit Time not Money for family.
Most work hard for their family to provide them better allowances, but what most miss out is on the amount of time you spend with your family remember you will be remembered for the time you spent and not money with your family, life is best enjoyed with a family not money with incomplete family.
Lastly do find some time for leisure it rejuvenates you and further focus on education rather than entertainment it will do great deeds for you.
Job Interviews are nothing short of a nerve wracking experience for the applicants and rejection in previous attempts further worsens the case. Basically it is all about knowing your strength, weakness and staying cool, calm and confident. In this article we will discuss how to go about your interview.
Know your employer
It is indeed of significant importance to know the history of the organization, core values and principal of the organization. Study the products of the company or the projects of the company closely to understand the working culture also do a bit research on the organization to know your expected salary and role in the organization. Apply only if the role and salary meet your current worth in their organization.
Listen carefully, speak confidently
Listen every question carefully most trick questions have their answers in the question itself further it reflects concentration and focus. In case you have not heard the question clearly don’t be shy to ask for it. Confidence is a key ingredient the employers seek as it suggests attributes like communication skills and knowledge level.
Your body language conveys a lot of information and speaks volumes about you keep the following points in mind
- Shake hand when you enter and exit interview.
- Maintain Eye contact
- Sit straight and feet grounded.
- Control your gestures.
Be well dressed and prepared
Dresses professionally for interview avoid jeans, t-shirts.
Know everything about your CV event the most intricate detail should be intact.
A few Quick tips
Respect the panel
Think positively and reflect the same in answers
Lastly remember that you are able and even in case you find it going wrong don’t let your temper get the better for you. Keep working hard and you will end up on the right side of things.